Bosnia y Herzegovina
Босна и Херцеговина; Bosna i Hercegovina
Forma de Estado:
Sistema de Gobierno:
- Founding date/ Date of independence: 5/04/1992
- Date of constitution/reform: 1995, 2010
- Form of state: Federal
- Administrative divisions: The country is made up of two distinct entities as well as the city of Brcko. The former are: the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina FBIH (10 cantons, 74 municipalities) and the Republika Srpska (63 municipalities)
- Official languages: Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian
- Other spoken languages: -
- Official religion: Bosnia and Herzegovina is a secular state
- Minorities: Roma minority
- Dominant actor(s): Members of the presidency
- Directly elected institutions of government: At national level: the three-member Presidency and the two chambers of Parliament. At entity level: the Parliament of the FBIH, the presidency and National Assembly of Republika Srpska. At local level: local governments.
- Indirectly elected institutions of government: Presidency of FBIH
- Party system: mult-party system
- Head of state: Presidency of Bosnia-Herzegovina, three-person body representing the three ethnic communities, with one of them rotating every 8 months as Chairperson. Šefik Džaferović (Bosnian side), Milorad Dodik (Serb side), Željko Komšić (Croatian Side).
- Head of government: Denis Zvizdić, since 2015.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Igor Crnadak.
- Minister of Interior: Sredoje Novic
- Head(s) of Legislative Branch:Sefik Džaferović.
- Composition legislative branch: Link to graph
- Head of the Judiciary:
- Schematic representation of the political system: Link to Graph in PDF
- Official website of the Presidency
- Official website of the Council of Ministers (cabinet)
- Official website of the Ministry of Civil Affairs (Interior)
- Official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Dnevni Avaz: Daily Bosnian-language newspaper
- Oslobodjenje: Daily Bosnian-language newspaper
- Sarajevo Times: English-language portal web about bosnian news
- Balkan Insight
- Electoral Law
- Civil Society Actors Involved in Elections Affairs: Centre for civic initiatives Coalition for free and fair election- Pod Lupom