The position of the Ministry of Interior of the FGS on the two parallel conferences in Baidoa
In line with the constitution and the regulations of the state, The Ministry of Interior and Federalism is mandated to federalize country through inclusive and transparent process led by the Federal government of Somalia.
The FGS express deep concern over the two parallel conferences in Baidoa and urges its fellow citizens in Baidoa to avoid unnecessary conflict that may dislocate our efforts to rebuild this country.
In many times, the federal government of Somalia tried to unify the two conferences in Baidoa, for instance, high ranking government officials and parliamentarians had visited the region to defuse the political deadlock of the two parallel conferences.
In light of the agreement between the FGS and the Juba interim administration on last August in Addis Ababa of Ethiopia, the federal government of Somalia upholds the outcome of that agreement.
The Ministry of Interior and Federalism of Federal Republic of Somalia reaffirms its position towards the Baidoa conferences as follows:
1. The Ministry of Interior and Federalism calls upon the traditional leaders and politicians in Baidoa to be mindful that the process of the Federalization is government-led process according to the provisional constitution;
2. The government maintains its commitment towards Addis Ababa agreement with Juba interim Administration;
3. The government reiterates its support to the Addis Ababa agreement. The FGS is also ready to address any possible grievances resulted from the Addis Ababa agreement;
4. The GFS is ready to lead the process of Federalization, particularly, The formation of federal state by the people in Bay, Bakool and Lower Shabeelle regions;
5. Lastly, the federal government urges its fellow citizens in the aforementioned areas to avoid unnecessary conflict and instability.
Auor: Maalik Eng